St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church was built in 1921 and then moved to its existing site in 1948. This was the first La Mesa Catholic church for the Lemon Grove area. The school, St. Martin Academy, was opened in 1951 and runs from August to June. A new church was completed in 1965. In addition, there is a preschool for three- to five-year-olds. The Rev. James Poulsen is the pastor.