.

Grease Fire Broke Out at Lake Murray Cafe

Firefighters quickly subdued a grease fire that erupted behind a stove at an East County restaurant Friday.

The non-injury blaze broke out at Lake Murray Cafe in the 5400 block of Lake Murray Boulevard in La Mesa shortly before 7:30 a.m., according to Heartland Fire & Rescue.

Crews used dry-chemical extinguishers to put out the flames, which were confined to the kitchen of the business and caused  "very minimal damage," agency spokesman Sonny Saghera said.

"The hood system over the stove contained most of the smoke, allowing it to vent to the outside," he said.

The eatery was expected to reopen in the mid-afternoon, following an inspection by the county Department of Health.

—City News Service
Glenn Martin February 24, 2014 at 01:07 PM
Does the city have any regulations for grease hood maintenance. The grease traps should be compliant too. Fire safety and our water sources should not be fooled with. see www.greasetrap.ca

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »