Join us for an exciting foray into the wonderful realm of making fresh and local goat milk cheese. This workshop is led by expert cheese maker and homesteader, Don Axe of Valley View Farm in Spring Valley. This fun and hands-on class will show you the basics of making 3 different cheeses that are tasty and easy to do. The class will also include a brief tour of the rest of the farm including hydroponic gardens, chickens, turkeys, and many other animals.
At the end of the class participants will have:
- -The opportunity to milk some friendly goats
- -Made 3 different cheeses: mozzarella, chevre, and feta
- -Tasted the fresh cheeses as well as some previously made hard cheeses
- -Some recipes and samples
- -Learned the basic tools of cheese making