Ask almost anyone, and they’ll say clowns creep them out. But for nearly 50 years, one has won hearts worldwide, and he needs your help. Ronald McDonald is looking for volunteers for the second annual Red Shoe Day event Sept. 28 benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego.
More than 1,000 “Street Team” volunteers are being sought to hold the fast food mascot’s iconic size 14 red shoes to collect cash donations at major intersections throughout San Diego County. La Mesa intersections include:
- El Cajon Boulevard and Baltimore Drive
- Grossmont Boulevard and Jackson Drive
- La Mesa Boulevard and Spring Street
- University Avenue and 70th Street
- University Avenue and La Mesa Boulevard (east of Spring Street)
- University Avenue and La Mesa Boulevard (west of Spring Street)
- University Avenue and Massachusetts Avenue
- El Cajon Boulevard and 70th Street
Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego provides a place to stay for anyone with a child who is being treated at an area hospital, whether or not they are overnight guests.
The event will take place from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. For more information or to volunteer, click here. Other ways to participate include:
- Text Donations: Text REDSHOE to 20222 to make a $5 donation.
- Corporate Teams: Place a red shoe in the lobby of your corporate workplace.
- Youth Community Teams: Children or youth groups, churches, troops, schools and individual classes can create their own fundraiser.
- Personalized Fundraising Page: Ask friends and family to support you in reaching a fundraising goal. Call 858-598-2456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.