Are you ready to put the sweaters and heavy coats away? It’s been a chilly week for San Diego and its time to heat things up.
The weekend forecast will be warm, sunny, and filled with a variety of activities.
Check out the newest exhibition at the Biz Art Center in La Mesa or hike with a ranger in Spring Valley.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: Learn more about the habitats in East County. A Ranger will take hikers to the old steel bridge off Highway 94. Reservations are appreciated.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19 at 9 a.m.
- Where: Campo Rd and Singer Ln, Spring Valley.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Biz Center Art's newest exhibition called Configuration will feature art with the relative arrangements of elements. Opening reception will be on Saturday and the gallery will be available until April 1.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Biz Center Art, 7317 El Cajon Blvd, La Mesa.
- What's Up: Does your garden need a make over? Designer Tricia Daley will teach a class all about gardens. Topics will include irrigation, plant selection and maintenance.
- When: Saturday, Jan. from 10 a.m. to Noon.
- Where: The Water Conservation Garden, 12122 Cuyamaca College Dr W, El Cajon.
- Price: Free for members, $10 for non-members.
- What's Up: Enjoy the sounds of the string quartet, Zene Strings. The free concert will feature classical, contemporary and popular music.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Mission Trails Regional Park, 1 Father Junipero Serra Trl, San Diego.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: The annual Martin Luther King Jr. Parade will include floats, music, drill teams, and more. Bring the family and celebrate the life of Martin Luther King Jr.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 at 2 p.m.
- Where: The parade will be along Harbor Drive and begin at the County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Hwy, San Diego.