This Sunday, the Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Francisco 49ers for Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. Fans of Helix Charter High School will no doubt be cheering for the Niners, whose (now backup) quarterback Alex Smith starred at the La Mesa school in the early 2000s.
But chances are, you won't be taking a trip down south to see the game in person. So go with the next best thing: Watching it on big-screen TVs with good food and good company in La Mesa and Spring Valley.
Here's a look at some great local options for places to catch the Super Bowl this Sunday:
- Cali Comfort Restaurant and Sports Bar, 8910 Troy Street. Lots of LED TVs, surround sound, food and drink specials. Plus, order a "Super Fish Bowl" for a chance to win a $100 or $50 gift card. Get their early to grab a seat or call to reserve a table.
- Johnny B's Burgers & Brew, 8393 La Mesa Blvd. 16 flat screen TVs to watch during the game, 16 beers on tap, full bar, and an indoor fire ring!
- Jolt'n Joe's, 8076 La Mesa Blvd. Want to be in the festive Super Bowl atmostphere but only casually watch the? Jolt'n Joe's features 20 pool tables, two ping pong tables, six dart boards, an an air hockey table. Have your own Super Bowl at the table!
- Press Box Sports Lounge, 2990 Jamacha Rd. True sports atmostphere, 15 flat screen TVs, 32 beers on tap, and awesome wings. What more does a football fan need?
- Pete’s Place, 8330 La Mesa Blvd.Pete’s Super Bowl party will feature BBQ brisket and ribs, plus pot luck side dishes and six flat screen TVs.
Where will you be watching the Super Bowl this weekend?