Cafe Japengo invites those seeking to learn how to make sushi to its next monthly sushi-making class on Saturday, October 19 from noon to 2 p.m. Executive Sushi Chef Jerry Warner will lead a hands-on session and share the secrets of sushi-making.
The class will take place in Cafe Japengo’s dining room. Limited seating is available and reservations are required. The cost is $60 per person and includes the following:
- A 2 hour hands-on tutorial involving rice and fish selection, knifework with fish, handling sticky rice, creating traditional and hand rolls and more
- Enjoying sushi creations plus two sake tastings throughout the class
- Discussion by Executive Sushi Chef Jerry Warner on where to purchase sushi ingredients; the history of sushi and Cafe Japengo; basic characteristics of various types of fish
- A maki board (a sushi-rolling mat) that attendees may keep
- All ingredients used during
the class will be provided by Cafe Japengo
Cafe Japengo offers its sushi making classes one Saturday every month. For more information or to make a reservation for the class, call 858-450-3355.
Cafe Japengo, awarded Best Sushi in San Diego for 2013 by the California Restaurant Association, is one of San Diego’s top restaurants for sushi and Pacific Rim cuisine. Featuring innovative menus for lunch and dinner, the restaurant also boasts an award-winning sushi bar, a hot happy hour scene and an extensive selection of the world’s best wines and sakes.
Cafe Japengo is located at 8960 University Center Lane in the Aventine complex. For more details, please visit www.cafejapengo.com or call 858-450-3355. To stay up-to-date on the latest news and offerings at Cafe Japengo, follow them on Facebook as well as Twitter and Instagram at @CafeJapengo.com.