www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org for each museum they wish to visit in October.San Diego Museum Council is proud to bring back its popular program for families. Based on its huge success in the first two years, “Kids Free in October, presented by Time Warner Cable” is back for a third year inviting families to enjoy free kids’ admission to 38 museums across San Diego County with an adult ticket purchase. To take advantage of the offer, visitors must download their free coupon from
This program showcases the area’s rich exhibits at San Diego Museum Council member museums. In 2012, more than 10,000 families took advantage of the “Kids Free in October, presented by Time Warner Cable” with attendance expected to increase in 2013. Families can challenge themselves to visit all 38 museums over the 31 days in October to experience a variety of exhibits such as:
• Interacting with the living tide pools and observing seahorses and sharks at Birch Aquarium.
• Viewing the latest art exhibitions at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego.
• Exploring the U.S.S. Midway’s new family audio tour taking youngsters on an entertaining exploration of more than 30 locations aboard the aircraft carrier.
• Ruben H. Fleet Science Center’s interactive exhibits for parents and kids; Explor-O-Rama gets “your hands on science” with all time favorites where kids explore mechanics, motion, and other interconnected areas of science on nearly 30 exhibit activities.
“Time Warner Cable is proud to bring this experience to children throughout San Diego County,” said Kim Latour, Director of Community Investment. “Kids Free October is a tremendous opportunity that perfectly coincides with our Connect A Million Minds program, a five-year, $100 million cash and in-kind philanthropic initiative to help promote education in science, technology, engineering and math. We hope that all will take advantage of this local opportunity to engage the curiosity and imagination of our children.”
Kids Free in October is presented in partnership with the Kids Free in San Diego Month. During the entire month of October, families with children can enjoy special deals at more than 100 San Diego hotels, restaurants, attractions, museums and transportation companies. Consistently rated one of the top family destinations in North America, San Diego is home to world-class family attractions, including the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park, SeaWorld San Diego and LEGOLAND California. “Kids Free San Diego” Month offers a variety of “kids free” incentives, ranging from complimentary meals, attraction admission and Amtrak rides to welcome amenities at area hotels and much more.
Support for “Kids Free in October, presented by Time Warner Cable” is also provided by the National Endowment for the Arts.
The San Diego Museum Council is a coalition of San Diego County museums working cooperatively to increase awareness of and attendance at the diverse museums in the region. The Council provides support services to the museum industry in management, resource networking, advocacy, education, and promotional opportunities. Find SDMC on Facebook, San Diego Museum Council or twitter, @gomuseums. San Diego Museum Council’s KIDS FREE IN OCTOBER, presented by Time Warner Cable, invites families to enjoy free admission for kids 12 and under with a paid adult ticket at participating museums across San Diego County. Valid for two children per paid adult. To participate, families must download a coupon available by visiting www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org.
About Time Warner Cable:
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.twc.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmedia.com.
"Kids Free in October, presented by Time Warner Cable", Participating museums and Exclusions:
• Barona Cultural Center & Museum
• Birch Aquarium at Scripps
• California Surf Museum
• Coronado Museum of History & Art
• Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
• Gaslamp Museum at William H. Davis House
• Heritage of the Americas Museum
• Japanese Friendship Garden
• La Jolla Historical Society
• Living Coast Discovery Center
• Lux Art Institute
• Marston House Museum & Gardens
• Mingei International Museum
• Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
• Museum of Making Music
• Museum of Photographic Arts
• Oceanside Museum of Art
• Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (gallery only)
• San Diego Air & Space Museum
• San Diego Archaeological Center
• San Diego Automotive Museum
• San Diego Botanic Garden
• San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
• San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
• San Diego History Center
• San Diego Model Railroad Museum
• San Diego Museum of Art
• Santa Ysabel Store & Backcountry Visitor Center
• Serra Museum
• The NAT (San Diego Natural History Museum)
• Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
• Timken Museum of Art
• USS Midway Museum
• Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
• Visions Art Museum
• Warner-Carillo Ranch House
• Water Conservation Garden
• Women’s Museum of California
• Children 12 and under get in free.
• Coupon limited to two children per paid adult.
• Does not apply to field trips or special events.
• Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a paid adult during the visit.
• Valid October 1-31, 2013
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or coupon.